A major segment of people simply love the dark colored skin. Such people long for a darker skin tone as that could make them look sexier and way more beautiful. Getting a tan is indeed one of the methods through which people can acquire a naturally glowing and healthy, sun-kissed skin. However, if you do not want to get tanned and still acquire a dark skin tone, take a look at the natural ways that have been discussed below:
- Sun exposure is one of the surefire ways of getting a darker looking skin. On staying under the sun for long, you will augment the production of melanin in the body. So it is important that you use a good sunscreen to protect yourself from damaging UVA and UVB rays. Also, one should know that excessive exposure to sun can lead to facial spots, wrinkles, as well as skin cancer. It would be best to not stay under sun in the time slot of 10 A.M to 3 P.M.
- Emu oil is known for darkening the skin naturally. The oil is known to increase melanin production, thus causing the darkening of skin.
How To Naturally Darken Skin Tone?
- Intake of foods rich in carotenoids like carrots are said to darken the skin tone. It has been known that carotenoids are those pigments which make carrots, orange colored. And as per the studies, it has been found that carotenoids can offer a darker color to skin.
- An amazing way to make your skin appear darker is by applying makeup. Bronzer is a temporary makeup product which can make the skin look darker. Though this is a temporary way of getting a dark looking skin, but it can certainly give you a healthy and glowing skin. Nonetheless, one should ensure that the foundation is evenly applied for that perfect looking skin.
- Cinnamon rub is a way of attaining that gorgeous, dark skin as cinnamon has dark pigments which can be applied on the skin for a darker effect.
- Cocoa butter is also known to have a similar effect on your skin, as it works as a moisturizer that can make your skin look darker.
- Not wearing contrasting colors can also work well. It can make you look paler. It would be best to wear light colored clothes.
- Tea bag tan is also a known way of making the skin look darker, and it is much better option when compared to cinnamon rub. You just have to soak tea bags in water and let them soak in for some time. Then using a sponge or cloth, apply the solution evenly for a darker skin tone.